When you travel with your family in your RV, you want to enjoy the beautiful scenery with peace of mind. One way you can achieve this is by getting the right coverage for your RV. But before getting far, let’s answer a question frequently asked by RV owners: is RV insurance required by the Oregon state?
Just like your vehicle, it’s mandatory to insure your RV. And like many other states, Oregon has minimum liability coverage limits, which you are required to adhere to. These are:
- Bodily injury liability: Covers third-party injury. Pays for medical costs and lawsuit damages if you are at fault in a vehicular accident. The state’s minimum required coverage is $25,000 per person and $50,000 for multiple persons per accident.
- Property liability insurance: Covers third-party loss, such as damage to another person’s car or property. The minimum requirement is $20,000 per accident.
What else should I have?
While the above is what is required by the state, your RV faces other perils beyond liability. That said, when you partner with Choice One Insurance Inc., located in Portland, OR, we will walk you through the following additional RV insurance options:
- Underinsured/ uninsured motorist coverage: This optional coverage kicks in when you get involved in a vehicular accident with a motorist with no or inadequate coverage. It covers property damage or bodily injury caused to you.
- Comprehensive coverage: Protects your RV from risks like fire, theft, vandalism, and other perils stated in your policy.
- Collision coverage: This insurance pays for damages or replacement of your RV following an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Covers medical expenses, loss of income, and funeral expenses regardless of who is at fault.
- Roadside assistance: Because RVs require distinctive towing and roadside repair support, this coverage may save the day when you are in a tricky situation.
- Full-timer liability insurance: If you reside in your RV all year round, this coverage is a must-have because it gives you the same protection as homeowners insurance.
We know it isn’t easy getting a dependable agent to take care of your RV insurance needs. But for Oregon RV owners, you can be at ease. Let Choice One Insurance Inc., situated in Portland, OR, be your one-stop-shop for all your RV insurance solutions.